Give back to your community with a personal fundraising page
January 13, 2023
Support a cause close to your heart at the MUHC by creating a personal fundraising page with the MUHC Foundation.
Is giving back important to you? Do you want to have an impact on the health of our community? You can change health care for the better by creating a personal fundraising page with the MUHC Foundation!
Personal fundraising pages allow you to raise funds for a cause close to your heart at the McGill University Health Centre. You can fundraise in honour or in memory of a loved one, in support of a cause that is important to you, or create an event or challenge that will benefit the MUHC.
How to start fundraising:
Creating a personal fundraising page is an opportunity to share your story and make a difference to health care in your community.
Set a fundraising goal
Decide how much money you want to raise and the time frame you will dedicate to fundraising.
Design your page
Share a personal story, add photos, or even upload a video about why your cause is important to you.
Reach out to your network
the most successful fundraisers are those who ask. Reach out to your family, friends and colleagues individually and ask them to make a contribution to your cause.
Tips for a successful fundraising page
- 1. Make it personal – to inspire donations, tell your audience why this cause is important to you.
- 2. Be your first supporter – make the first donation to your page to show that you are committed to your cause.
- 3. Share your fundraising page – Be sure to share your page on social media and ask your friends to do the same.
- 4. Keep your page updated – Add updates on your fundraising progress along the way.
- 5. Thank your supporters – be sure to reach out to your supporters to show your gratitude.
Creating a personal fundraising page is an easy and meaningful way to contribute to the health of our community. To get started, click here.