Organize an Event
Thank you for your interest in organizing an event in support of the MUHC Foundation! Funds raised through your event will benefit continued excellence in patient care, research and teaching at the MUHC, providing our community with the best care for life.
The McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) Foundation raises funds to support excellence in patient care, research and teaching at the MUHC, we are supporting the best care for life. Firmly committed to making a difference in patients’ lives, we play a pivotal role in supporting exceptional programs, purchasing innovative medical equipment, fostering ground-breaking research and ensuring the highest level of teaching.
The MUHC Foundation reviews all event proposals. To ensure that we fully understand your event and its impact on our organization, we request that you fill in the Event Proposal Form. The MUHC Foundation will notify the applicant(s) of the proposal’s status within seven (7) business days.
NOTE: Applications must be submitted to the MUHC Foundation at least eight (8) weeks prior to holding your fundraiser.
The MUHC Foundation evaluates and approves third party events based on the following criteria
- Consistency with the MUHC Foundation’s mission and values
- Support and ability of the third party organizer(s) to complete a successful event
- Profitability and public relations value of the event
- Potential for conflict with existing MUHC Foundation events, promotions or partners
The MUHC Foundation CAN offer the following assistance to the organizer(s), once the event has been approved
- Offer advice and expertise on event planning and management
- The use the MUHC Foundation name and logo, with specific permission
- Promote the event on the MUHC Foundation’s website, social media and plasma screens at the entrance of the hospital
- Provide a letter of authorization to validate the authenticity of the event and its organizers
- Issue tax receipts, if applicable
The MUHC Foundation CANNOT provide the following
- Funding or reimbursement for event expenses
- Mailing lists of MUHC Foundation donors, hospital staff and/or volunteers
- Guaranteed attendance of MUHC Foundation Board members, hospital VIPs, staff or volunteers at your event
- Prizes and/or auction items
- Active participation in ticket sales and sponsorship solicitations
- Post-event follow-ups (i.e. outstanding monies)